Sunday, June 28, 2009

a little piece of france


Pan aux Raisins

Many moons ago, I lived in France.
I love France.
I cannot speak the language.
I adore it more and more everyday.

Whenever I found myself wandering the streets of France in the morning, I was likely to stop at a Patisserie to buy a Pan aux Raisins. I had not eaten once since I lived there, until this past weekend. For this reason, I would like to thank my friend who called the other morning to get me out of bed and to introduce me to a fine little bakery known as Rustica.

I only bought the one little goody sitting above, but she bought a little sample pack that I got to take a few nibbles of. Based off of this initial encounter, I would say with 99% certainty that nothing that they make is bad. But just to be sure, I am now dedicating more time to looking further into this. I'm going to do it merely to tell others what not to order there. It will be one little way to give back to the community.

I will go back to France again someday soon. Perhaps to live awhile. Perhaps to buy more Pan aux Raisins. But, until that day, Rustica will be the place I run to when I need a little piece of France. It's a wonderful place to be.

1 comment: