Thursday, July 30, 2009

a ha!


sometimes pleasures aren't simple.

i had another breakthrough evening, right before i was about to throw in the towel and close-up shop. thank goodness, because i've been working through ideas on and off the canvas and paper all day. well, when am i not, really? i've been swirling them around, trying them on for size, you name it. admittedly, most of my ideas remain in my head, or in my journals, on scraps of paper, in the back pages of my planner, most of them. today, since i had one of my artist days, i was trying to force more of them out of me.

on a bike ride with a fabulous friend this eve, we stopped in to purchase some cheese. thirsty, we both purchased a beverage as well. mine instantly brought me back to the days of yore and a favorite drink of mine: sundance. remember it? if you do, you probably loved it as well. (i'd like to give the rights to the name, but can't find a link to what i think is the right spot.) anyways, this particular drink got us reminiscing about old favorites, but neither of us could remember the name of this one in particular.

in my moment of "a ha" tonight, the name came to me in the same moment as a breakthrough for a piece of artwork, the likes of which will be seen through to the end, it's just that good. but, that was it. they both came a la meme seconde! and so it is with my brain, an explosion of a million little things all at once. welcome to my world. it's a bumpy ride, but i try to make it as comfortable as possible.

which brings me to: simple pleasures. thinking of simple pleasures brings me relief tonight and makes me smile. on a day and a night where nothing can please. when all of the demons are telling me that i am down the wrong road, it's good to be able to step back and smile about simple pleasures. sometimes it is only possible after i've pushed my way through the tough moments and make my way into a clearing so that they are easily visible.

"a ha" life is not all serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment