Saturday, September 12, 2009

traveling justification #26:

Good foreign relations.

I don't know how well I will be able to communicate in French, even though I am trying, or the unknown Swiss German, however, one thing is certain. I will proudly be representing America well while I am there. Because of this man, I am now proud to call myself an American while traveling abroad.

I am "fired up" after getting to see and hear Obama today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left at 10:45, biked down to 1st Ave, parked my bike in front of Cafe Brenda and decided I'd just see how far I'd get. I was swooped right in, went through security and then stopped in a line for 1/2 hour to an hour. My seat was not phenomenal, but this experience was. I am so greatful for this!

And so today was born another justification for my trip! My good 'ol Midwestern guilt is forcing me come up with a vast list of reasons why this trip is not only important, but absolutely vital to my existence. I will come back stronger, wiser and more certain of my convictions. I will be a better informed citizen of the United States and more importantly, the world. How can that be bad? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment